Cornell Tradition Forms and Guidelines
Tradition Wage Subsidy Information
The wage subsidy is available to Cornell Tradition students who do not recieve work study or who have exhausted their work study for the year.
Students: Fill out the wage subsidy form below and either submit it electronically or bring it into the Commitment office. The Commitment office will then contact your supervisor. Please note that the Cornell Tradition wage subsidy benefit is for academic year wages only.
Forms may be submitted electronically via Adobe Acrobat Pro:
If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you may use our Microsoft Word option:
The MS Word Application is a fillable form that can be emailed as an attachment after completion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supervisors: An email should have been sent to you from the Cornell Commitment office containing a wage subsidy application form. Please have your payroll representative complete this form and return it to the Commitment office.
For questions contact Jacinta Stark email@example.com
Tradition fellow request forms
The Cornell Commitment makes funds available to help offset costs of the following:
1. Career and/or non-profit summer internships.
2. Service experience.
We encourage students to seek experiences that reflect their program’s core values of work and service.
The goal of the program is to allow students the opportunity to gain valuable real-world experience without increasing their total indebtedness due to the insufficient or nonexistent earnings typically associated with these types of experiences.
- Service Trips and Career and/or non-profit summer internships - See Support Account Funding
- Service project funding
**If you will be traveling abroad, in addition to the Cornell Commitment application, you must:
- Check to see if your travel is to a high-risk country (see list). Travel to countries on this list requires ITART (travel safety) pre-approval.
- As a Cornell Commitment student, your travel is considered "Cornell Facilitated".
- ITART approval is NOT Cornell Commitment approval. You must receive approval from both offices for any travel to any country on the ITART list.
- Short Term Trip Coverage Information
The trip information form is applicable to both Meinig Scholars and Tradition Fellows.
Funds are disbursed through the Bursar’s office via Net.Pay at the start of your summer experience. It is important to set up direct deposit through Net.Pay if you have not yet set up an account. This is NOT the same as direct deposit through student employment. To do this, go to bursar.cornell.edu/directdeposit.